Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Study Task 078 - SB2 - Pitching your ides / further developments


Main ideas on top of legal high ideas-
Idea 1 feedback for ads exposing dark sides of companies prompted suggestion of looking in to Adbusters style of doing this mimicking the same branding and design of adverts with a twist. It was pointed out however that I would need to narrow it down to a specific company to do this under, under a specific sector perhaps would amplify my concept. I then decided to focus on the beauty industry.

Idea 2 feedback for making standard adverts scary and shocking to showcase the tactics used for shock advertising, didn't get as much feedback as I lacked strong ideas of how to do this apart from in a film sense adding horror movie theme tactics and lacking knowledge in film making this would have been harder to do well.

Idea 3 feedback was understood but peers reminded me of the red sugar warnings on all food packaging and I remembered the ad showing how many sugar cubes that were in fizzy drinks circulating, meaning I felt this may not be as strong as my first idea pitch.

The below sectors were a pitch for 'illegal highs' project proposal which was changed after lack of understanding from many in feedback, so I chose to do something that was more of a popular and understood topic. With the issue intended to be the focus now discussed on national news with the Spice crisis, this would have been relevant to do for my practical in Manchester definetley but my final pitch was more internationally relevant.


No comments:

Post a Comment