Monday, October 23, 2017

Zine or posters?

Looking at 3 very different zines,
-one named 'Freak' from the early 90's from Salford Zine Library
-Sister zine
-Polyester zine

Despite all having a lot in common such as giving a space for women to discuss problems of their generation and free DIY layouts, they have a lot of content. Obtaining that much interview content or submissions in this amount of time worries me a little as they are very text heavy- posters can directly link to my critical writing piece and still have a lot of research undertaken for them without relying on others so much.

I am confused as wether to use quotes within my critical writing instead of interviewing or asking people for their inputs as it has proven difficult to get any answers so far. Need my tutorial to know wether to create this zine or create modern revolutionary feminist posters that will also be based on my essay findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment