Friday, October 13, 2017

COP Presentation feedback

Address this is a conflict between two areas, underground movements and 'girl power' mass marketing in contemporary culture- synthesise the two

Was advised I may not need to get primary research through interviews and contacting people but I want to do this as I am genuinely interested in putting myself out there and finding out, as well as collating information through research. Having content I have obtained for the zine practical would be ideal and truer to the form.

Zines editorial designs are utopian creating this 'safe space'

These collectives brands, zines and girl power merch like all branded products have symbolic meaning of belonging to their audience.

Does 'girl power' marketing undermine the revolutionaries?

No comments:

Post a Comment