Friday, March 10, 2017

How one of my practical proposal subjects has gone viral

One of my ideas was to create a campaign of awareness of legal highs-although now made illegal, in my hometown of Manchester the synthetic drug Spice has devastated lives notoriously of the homeless in the city centre, which has now become a national epidemic which I have started to witness in Leeds over the last week of members of public literally stood with heads in walls like a 'zombie'- although this is the Daily Mail which is very unreliable, this article is true and I have seen firsthand and spoke to a homeless man a year or so ago explaining its more addictive than when he was on heroin and its so accessible. This has been very coincidental as I decided not to work on it as there were already awareness of legal high advertisments and they were banned anyway, but the issue is still ongoing if not more crucially than ever when this is happening in popular high streets.

This makes me aware that currently, there is a need for spice awareness, however, those already addicted need more support than a campaign and I feel there is now enough information and public awareness not to try the drug but I feel my awareness of issues like this is relevant maybe even if before this it was just in certain areas and others weren't aware.





http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4302806/Spice-synthetic-drug-turns-users-living-dead.html

No comments:

Post a Comment