Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Introduction and Research into Study Task 2

To help us understand how to acquire the best information for our 3000 word essay, which I am either doing gender or political effect on, we are told to use every source of information possible. What is important to consider though is how reliable is the source? Is it right for the information we need?

My group were given the topic of protest graphics, and scoured the library for info which was harder than others as it is such a narrow sector compared to 'what is branding?'. I found a protest t shirt book and other members of the group, a book about objects used in protests, and another that was an article in the Guardian. These were all reliable sources opposed to using wikipedia, which I will refrain from doing when researching and I need to learn more about Harvard referencing which will come!

It encouraged me to try searching the library for the first time and introduced me to Google Books, so it was useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment