Wednesday, December 6, 2017

COP Practical feedback session




From showing the kind of images I wanted to take as inspiration to reflect modern issues women still face to work with my writings girl power context- this is the feedback I obtained:


-Discuss the argument over Beyonce's marketed feminism
-'Sexism relies on capitalism'

-Tinder interviews and screenshot: this would be great if I were looking to men to give their opinions but they are not part of my sources

-Collage old zines and put with the new messages, to truly show many issues haven't changed.
I asked what imagery I could use for these new posters and everyone agreed use pre-existing imagery to bring it in to new context to highlight the point that issues are still rife.

-Make a zine instead of posters: although this had been my other initial practical idea, the content is hard to get with the time restriction and I have only just obtained collective feedback this week. Posters are still appropriate for the writing piece.

-Re advertise riot grrls: bring the riot grrrl voice in to modern society, like what collectives such as Girl Gang do now with their manifestos handed out at girl talks.
-Current issues to highlight: Tampon Tax, Sexual Harassment (due to Weinstein snowballing of Hollywood of late...), Womens Pay Gap, Genital Mutiliation, Consent, abortion rights

-Use stats in posters in homage to Guerilla Girls style
-Girl power is still needed, the capitalised side isn't for the right reason but women wearing girl power t shirts can only spread awareness and do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment